Listen to the text here
This Virtual Reality video experience will give a dyslexic child or person new insights to better understand dyslexia and the way of thinking.
This VR video experience helps to grow their talents and build self confidence.
This VR experience is created especially for children but the insights are essential for parents, teachers and specialists.
We immerse you in a unique Virtual world with information about the opportunities that dyslexia has.
- Based on years of research by neuroscientists
- Better self understanding will restore & grow self esteem
- Focus on talents instead of limitations early in life
- Surrounding people will have a similar view on dyslexia
What will we talk about and show?
- What happens in the dyslexic brain while reading and in particular, what does not happen
- What does a dyslexic brain look like based on the most recent neurological studies
- Other problems with dyslexia than the known writing and spelling limitations
- The unique skills of a dyslexic brain
Virtual Reality is a very effective way to transfer information
- It is fun to be in 360 Virtual Reality experience for both children and adults.
- You are focused on the VR experience without distractions from the environment.
- The information is offered in different ways: video, image, sound, text, animation, etc.
- More information can be transferred in a short time.
- The language is English or Dutch. Others will follow.
How does the dyslexic brain work?
We understand the benefits and challenges of the dyslexic way of thinking. We are aware of the most modern neuroscience about the different ways of learning.
We share this knowledge with you in a Virtual Reality Video experience so that the child and you as a parent and teacher, understand the challenges that affects a dyslexic person on a cognitive, behavioural and emotional level.
1 out of 10 children is Dyslexic
Dyslexia is hereditary
Dyslexic children are 30% more likely to have depression
We know that it is not easy when a child is different from the rest of the class. It requires a lot of commitment and patience, also from a parent. Yet it is very important that dyslexia is accepted in an early stage. A child often feels very clearly if a parent or teacher is not completely sincere.
Some of the most brilliant minds of our time have been known to have dyslexia: Albert Einstein, Alexander Graham Bell, Thomas Edison, Winston Churchill, Benjamin Franklin, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and John Lennon, to mention only a few.
Insights after years of research
The content of this VR video is based on the ground breaking book written by two neuroscientists who have done years of research into dyslexia. They show how dyslectics have cognitive properties that can offer many opportunities. How the brain is simply structured differently so that they not only perceive the written word differently, but also have a completely different spatial insight, can make special connections that others miss, can understand the world in stories and are super creative. The authors also describe which professions fit with dyslectics and how you get clear what your strong points are.
Specialization and collective knowledge.
To maximize the effectiveness of the video, we build on the knowledge and experience of various specialists:
- Brock Eide is an internationally recognized authority in the field of dyslexia and learning disabilities. Brock and Fernette Eide are the founders of the non-profit “The Dyslexic Advantage”, one of the world’s largest organizations and online communities in the field of dyslexia.
- The HOI Foundation’s mission is to change the image of dyslexia from disorder to a brain that works differently and has its own advantages and disadvantages. Under the title “Dyslexia als kans”, HOI has Eide’s book translated into Dutch.
- Dean Bragonier. American dyslectic, entrepreneur and founder of NoticeAbility, the curriculum that focuses on the talents of dyslexia and building self-confidence. He comes to tell more about his experiences and the importance of developing your strengths in addition to remedial teaching.
- Made By Dyslexia is a global charity led by successful dyslexics. Our purpose is to help the world properly understand, value and support dyslexia.
- Persuader has extensive experience in the development and production of Virtual Reality video experiences in medical, training and entertainment applications.
By ordering in advance you support this project:
- Research and script
- Production and validation
- Implementation & distribution
The VR video experience can be viewed on various devices.
- All in One and VR Headsets in 360 VR
- Mobile phone with VR headset in 360 VR
- Tablet, PC and Mac in 2D
For the best 360 VR experience, we can also deliver this VR Video on a pre-configured All in One VR Headset. Easy to use, high image quality and easy to clean. Click here for more information.
The VR video experience will be ready in September and available here. We keep you updated on this page.
Share this project
Order Fast & Safe with UHMI
You can pay with iDeal, Credit Card, Paypal, etc.